If you follow LMB, you know we have been preparing the house to be put on the market over past few weeks. We set out around the house to find really easy and cheap DIY projects that would add just that bit of icing to our home. We decided to upgrade our bathroom mirrors. This project was very easy and cost near nothing, and only took about an hour and a half for both mirrors. Here is how they turned out.
Bathroom liquid nail
A Miter Saw
Pocket angle finder
I measured out the length and width of my mirror. In order to make a frame you will cut our your molding at 45 degree, this will result in a long side and a short side. The long side is going to be the exact length of your mirror, the short side is going to be the inside corner of your frame. **NOTE** Please ensure if your molding has any kind of design on it, the design with the 45 degree cut matches up all the way around the frame. I let one board catch me off guard, and cut it “backwards.” Next, there was a small lip from the counter top that the mirror sat flush against. I started with the bottom because the counter top would ensure I kept the board level and flush. I cleaned the mirror and generously applied the Loctite Power Grab to my molding staying about a half of an inch away from the inside, this would allow the adhesive to spread, but not able to be visible through the reflection of the mirror. LMB and myself, held it in place for the prescribe time, and then moved on to the adjacent side. Repeat, until the frame is complete. Please read your choice of adhesive direction well, the one we used has a moisture sealing compound, and it states not to allow moisture to touch the area for at least 24 hours. Ensure that bathroom is well ventilated to help mitigate any moisture or fog to build up on the mirror from a warm shower.
That is it! Super easy and cheap, and I think it added that final staple to our bathrooms. Click Here for before and after photos of the bathroom mirrors. You will be taking a little space away from the mirror, however after putting up the border, the mirror looks a little bigger. I hope you enjoyed this quick project, please let me know what you think; leave a comment below, or find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Thanks.